The North Market, Columbus’ historic indoor multi-vendor marketplace, recently hosted their second annual Mix & Shake event.
The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.
— Humphrey Bogart
In partnership with the Ohio Distiller’s Guild, the North Market Mix & Shake featured a well mixed cocktail of local distilleries, all of which brought out new and signature drink specials for the occasion.
Admission included four drink tickets, and one $10 food voucher.
Featured Mix & Shake drinks included:
• Belle of Dayton Distillery – “The Angry Bee” featuring Belle of Dayton’s Dayton Gin.
• Buckeye Vodka – “Cucumber Raspberry Mule” featuring Buckeye Vodka.
• Cleveland Whiskey – “The Bushy Beard” featuring Cleveland Underground Bourbon.
• Flat Rock Spirits – “The Drunken Uncle” featuring Stillwright’s Spiced Rum.
• Indian Creek Distillery – “The Maple Old Fashioned” featuring Andy’s Old No. 5 Bourbon.
• Middle West Spirits – “Vim & Juice” featuring OYO Vim & Petal Gin.
• Tom’s Foolery – “Rye Not” featuring Tom’s Foolery Ohio Straight Rye Whiskey.
• Watershed Distillery – “Flora Dora” featuring Watershed Four Peel Gin.
Also, Barrel & Bottle paired up with Bubbles, the Tea and Juice Company, to supply the night with their limited BBB Mojito and BBB Screwdriver made with Bubbles cold pressed, all-natural juice.
On top of the full array of tasty and alcoholic beverages, a slew of food venders remained open throughout the night to serve tantalizing sample plates of their delightful delicacies. This included a unique feature by Charqui Jerky out of Powell Ohio. And this is all on the first floor.
Upstairs on the second floor, Travis Owens of Curio at Harvest, Sean Ward of Giuseppe’s Ritrovo, and Seth Laufman of the Blind Lady Tavern were each stationed behind the bar inside of Hot Chicken Takeover preparing a speakeasy mash-up setting aptly named Hot Liquor Takeover.
The night came accompanied by the musical stylings of Columbus’ own DJ Kenny Lectro.
An annual event, the North Market Mix & Shake is not only successful, but draws a larger crowd of Columbus cocktail and appetizer aficionados with every installment.
See you next year.
About Ben Goldfarb
Associate Editor Ben Goldfarb covers the nightlife, entertainment, and community scenes, writing articles, reviews, and contributing photography.